Welcome to Nazareth House, Durban the hottest place in South Africa. We extend the warmest welcome to you and your family. Where peaceful living will make you feel right at home, away from home.
We are situated on the Ridge with beautiful views of the sea and the City of Durban, and fortunate to be surrounded by hospitals. As you enter the front door at reception, our Chapel can be viewed, which is the HUB of our existence where the mission and business of the Home operates from.
The Sisters have dedicated their lives to caring for the aged since 1895, and the Home is open to all denominations regardless of colour, creed or race.
We give a 24 hour nursing service and our nurses are devoted and dedicated providing care for the body, mind and spirit until they come to the end of their life span, so that they can die with dignity.
- Our Frail and Assisted Living Care have 24 hour Specialised Nursing.
- A Chapel is available to our residents.
- Families are welcome to visit at anytime during the day.
Care, Compassion, Patience and Love
The Outreach Program
- Care – Physical care for residents not able to care for themselves and allowing them to keep their dignity.
- Compassion – We understand what it is to give up your independence.
- Patience – We understand and know how to deal with the changing state of the mind.
- Love - Abundant love is given to all our residents and this is their home.
Caring for an Outreach Program in Kwa Mashu, Natal – Nazareth House Durban pays for the salary of the Nursing Sister who makes it possible for this program to exist. The home also supports the program by means of clothing and food. Please help us sponsor a DIAPER DRIVE for our Outreach Program in Kwa Mashu. We are in desperate need for diapers, any size, any brand. We welcome any help we can get as the cost of diapers are enourmous and it is a necessity we cannot do without.
Back To Our Houses View Accommodation